Polly will be installed as a webhook on a per-channel basis (so you need to do this for every channel you’d like to author Polls in).
Step 1: Get the Channel ID
- From a web browser, open up Hangouts chat and go to the channel/room you want to poll
- Copy the URL.
- It should look something like this: chat.google.com/room/
AAAAXXXXXXXis your channel ID. Copy that down somewhere.
Step 2: Navigate to the configuration URL
Go to the following URL: https://chat.google.com/integration/
AAAAXXXXXXX is your channelID).
Step 3: Create a new outgoing webook
Step 4: Configure Parameters
Use the following parameters:
- The token should be autogenerated for you
- Regular Expression: @polly
- URL: https://app.polly.ai/hangouts_endpoint
Step 5: Talk to Polly to verify settings
Message Polly with
@polly hi or
@polly want a cracker? to make sure you’ve successfully configured Polly in the channel.