Polly Hot Takes🔥 is a fun and engaging social game — ideal for sparking light conversation with team members. Learn how to send a Hot Take to your team!
Polly Hot Takes🔥 is a fun way to engage with team members in a group debate over simple, semi-controversial topics. Hot Takes have no real definitive answer, but help spark a conversation! With a bank of 110 questions (and growing!), there is a large variety of discussion potential.
There are several ways you can launch a Hot Take in Slack:
- Slack Shortcuts - by hitting the ⚡ button on Slack.
- On the web app - Navigate to your polly web app dashboard > go to Templates > from there you'll see the options to all the social games available. You can send a Hot Take🔥 to any private or public channel from the web app.
- The /polly hot takes command
✏️Note: Social games including Hot Takes can only be created from the web dashboard for 🔒private channels — after polly is invited in them.
How it Works
The easiest is through the Shortcut button!
- Navigate to the shortcuts ⚡ button in Slack
- Select Start a Hot Take🔥 under the Polly App options. A pop up will display to send a Hot Take to your team with options
- A random question will be selected, but you can press the Shuffle Question🔀 button until you find one you would like to send to your team.
- Once you’ve landed on a Hot Take, then select a channel to send it to. You are now ready for the debate to begin!
Votes will be displayed in real time within the channel and are non-anonymous.
💡Shuffle option isn't available while creating Hot Takes from the web dashboard. For sending shuffled Hot Takes in private channels, a hack could be to create a hot take in a public channel, shuffle it and then share it in the private channel!