Polly Help in Microsoft Teams
Installation & Setup
Welcome to Polly’s beta in Microsoft Teams! Our mission is to make it take advantage of the Microsoft Teams platform to give you the best possible experience authoring, voting, and analyzing your polls and surveys. We will be iterating and improving the product daily, so if you have any feedback, please reach out to us!
Polly not responding?
A small number of teams are seeing Polly not responding when trying to author a poll. For most of you, the likely case has been that:
- You have installed the tab, but you haven’t added the bot. Here’s how to make sure you’ve done both.
- Polly is not being tagged correctly. In Microsoft Teams, you need to hit tab after typing @polly in order for us to recognize the mention. Details here.
- Bots have been disabled by your Office 365 Admin. Here’s how to verify and resolve this issue.
Starting a Poll
There are a number of ways to start a poll. Type one of the following into a channel:
- @polly What should we order for lunch? pizza,sushi . In this example, the question needs to have a question mark, and the options should be comma separated
- @polly What should we order for lunch? / pizza / sushi . In this example, the question and each poll option need to be separated by a forward slash
- @polly “What should we order for lunch?” “pizza” “sushi” . In this example, the question and each option needs to be enclosed in double quotes
You’ll need to specify at least 2 options, and at most 5 options.
Starting an anonymous poll
By default, all polls are not anonymous. To make a poll anonymous, simply add an [anon] tag after you mention Polly. For example: @polly [anon] “What should we order for lunch?” “pizza” “sushi”
Deleting a Poll
Polly will dynamically update the results as they come in, right within the channel. To get a detailed view of all the polls, you can navigate to the Polly tab within your channel. Don’t have a tab pinned to your channel? Go add one!
Navigate to your 1:1 chat with Polly, and click on the help tab. You could also try
@polly help at any time as well. If all else fails, reach out to us!