This help doc will help to understand how response limits in Polly for Microsoft Teams work and what they mean for you.
Each Polly plan comes with a set number of responses a user can receive. These limits depend on the plan you choose. To compare response limit offerings, view our plans and pricing.
What do the response limits mean?
Response limits are determined by the number of responses sent to a polly or pollys during a set time period. Even with our free plan, you gain access to the majority of Polly’s functionality, and are only limited by the number of responses that you can collect for the pollys that you send.
For the Free plan, this limit is set at 25 responses per sender, per calendar month.
Our premium plans allow for a substantial increase in response limits:
- For the Standard plan, the response limit is 500 responses per sender, per month. Click "Start Free Trial" to sign up for the Standard plan through our pricing page.
- For the Pro plan, the response limit is 2500 responses per sender, per month. Click "Start Free Trial" to sign up for the Pro plan through our pricing page.
- For the Enterprise plan, please reach out for a custom plan for your workspace. Our product specialists can work with you to customize a plan that works best for your organization.
✏️ Note: Responses are calculated per month and reset on the first of the month for both trials and paid subscriptions. They do not reset when you convert from free to trial or from trial to full subscription. Unused responses do not roll over.
What counts as a response?
A response is counted as a completion of a polly that you have sent, regardless if it’s a single question polly or a multi-question polly.
For example, if I have a 10 question polly, and 29 people have completed the polly, that is counted as 29 responses.
Additionally, even if the same user responds to several pollys within a month, each time they respond is counted as a separate response. So, if I respond to a daily standup two days in a row, that is counted as two responses.
Help! What happens if I exceed my response limit?
- Free Plan: For free users, if you hit or exceed your limit before the calendar month is over, you will not be able to create any additional pollys until the following month when the response limit has been reset to 0. You will still have access to all the results for pollys that you have created for that month. Users can still freely respond to a polly that has been sent even if the response count is greater than 25.
- Here's an example: I currently have 10 out of 25 available responses used for the month, and I send out another polly. If I exceed 25 total responses for the month, I will not be able to create another polly, but can still collect responses for open pollys. That means that the 26th (and more) response will not be blocked.
- Paid Plans: For paid users, if you hit or exceed your limit before the calendar month, then you will get a warning message from Polly. You will still be able to create and collect responses. You can upgrade at any time to update your response limit instantly or wait for it to reset on the 1st of next calendar month.
I am on the free plan & I hit my response limit. I then delete the pollys. Will my response limit be reset after polly deletion?
No it won't. Only un-votes lead to a reduction in your response limit consumption.
💡 Need more responses? Learn more about our pricing plans here.