Polly creation comes with some useful settings such as anonymity, scheduling, hiding results, multi-vote, adding choices, and more!
Polly Settings and Options
- Anonymity: You can choose your polly response settings to be Anonymous, Non Anonymous or Confidential. By default, pollys are non anonymous, meaning everyone can see how others voted. If you select Anonymous, then it makes the responses completely anonymous i.e. even the polly sender will not be able to see the Slack usernames of the respondents. More around these settings can be found here
✏️Note: If a polly was initially made Anonymous, it cannot be made Non-anonymous later. Read here what you can vs can't edit once a polly is published
- Show Results: By default, we share the results in real-time with users directly in Slack. Other options include showing results after close or not showing results to the audience. Authors can view the results by logging into the dashboard, or by using the command /polly results in channel.
- Allow multi-vote: The default is that users can only vote on one option. Enabling this option lets users vote on more than 1 option.
- Allow Add Options: This option is only available for multiple choice pollys, and lets users “write-in” a vote.
- Schedule: By default, the polly will send out immediately, and only once. To schedule it for a further date, you can check the box. Similarly, if you’d like the polly to recur more than once, scheduled will give you the option to choose the frequency.
How to view these Settings?
You can access these settings at the time of polly creation through the web app or through the /polly create command in Slack. While you are creating the polly you will have the option to setup these comments, multiple votes, choices, results, schedule etc settings accordingly.
✏️Note: By default, pollys are not anonymous and allow users to vote one time.
Scheduling a polly
In the Schedule section, you can also choose to schedule your polly or have your questions recur i.e. ask this same question on a recurring basis at the same time every day/week/month/etc.
If you choose to ask a recurring question, you’ll also need to pick the time/date you want the first polly to go out.
💡Learn more about recurring pollys in this article.
How to view scheduled pollys?
You can view your scheduled pollys on the web app dashboard my clicking on "My Pollys"
How can I share my polly results?
Learn how to share your polly results and Pollys with the colleagues
💡 Need to collect responses for your pollys? Check out our paid plans!