Polly Help in Slack
Anonymity, scheduling, and other advanced options
By default, polls are not anonymous and allow users to vote at most once. To customize more options, hit the advanced options button after starting with the
/polly command. You can access the advanced options by default at any time through the web UI as well.
- One vote max: disabling this option lets users vote on more than 1 option
- Hide Results: By default, we share the results in real-time with everyone directly in Slack. Hiding results keep results private to the author only. Authors can view the results by logging into the scorecard, or by clicking on the Analyze Results button in the author controls message from Polly.
- Anonymous Voting: By default, polls are not anonymous, meaning everyone can see how others voted. Selecting this option makes the poll completely anonymous, even to the author & admins.
- Private Comments: Specifies whether the comments left by users are visible to everyone, or if they’re private, and visible to authors/admins only
- Allow Audience Options: This option is only available for multiple choice polls, and lets users “write-in” a vote.
One-time vs scheduled poll vs recurring
From the drop-down, you can also choose to schedule your poll, or to have your questions recur – that is, ask this same question on a recurring basis at the same time every day/week/month/etc. If you choose to ask a recurring question, you’ll also need to pick the time/date you want the first poll to go out.
Note: Scheduling is only available to Polly users on a paid plan, and recurring polls is limited to an audience size of 25. Learn more
Customizing the Audience
By default, we’ll choose the current channel that you’re in. But you can add or remove any channels as well. If you’re sending to multiple channels, or to multiple individuals, then we can only send polls by DM only to all members of those channel(s) or user(s) you’ve selected.
- Publish to channel: Will publish the poll directly in the channel
- Publish via DM: will publish the poll via a direct message from Polly to the members of that channel.
Note: This functionality is only available to Polly users on a paid plan. Learn more