Learn how to create your own templates and explore Polly's global template library within Slack.
A template is a previously created polly with saved settings that you can use any time in the future.
This can be useful as a way to save something you’re not ready to send yet, or to save a set of questions and settings that you expect to use frequently.
💡Learn how companies are using templates to improve consistency and reduce workload of their teams.
Who can use templates?
All users part of Polly's free and paid plans can use templates from within Slack as well as through Polly's web app dashboard
There are three ways to use templates directly from Slack:
Using "/polly template" command
- Simply invoke the /polly template or /polly templates command.
- You’ll be presented with a dropdown of all your saved templates or a list of Polly's global templates.
- Select the template you want to use, click on Customize before sending to adjust any settings you may want to, and send it off!
Using "/polly" command
- Use the command /polly and press enter. This screen will appear below:
- Select "Use template" next to "Create a Polly" and you will see all templates.
Via Polly Bot on Slack
- Access Polly bot that appears right below direct messages on slack. Now you have to go to Home > Create a Polly. This screen should appear below:
- Once you click on it, it will show you your templates, shared templates and starred ones along with global templates.
💡 Learn how to edit, delete, duplicate, or share templates from here
Polly Global Templates
Polly offers a number of templates for many popular categories including HR, IT, Agile, General, Leader and WFH. For example the Team Happiness Pulse Polly is a great template to use as a lightweight pulse to gauge your team's morale and happiness. Similarly the mid-sprint check-in is greatly used by product and engineering teams to measure progress.
We’ve made all of these available to Polly users with a single click. You can easily deploy them to individuals or teams, by adding them to your library of templates.