Welcome to Polly’s beta in Microsoft Teams! Our mission is make it take advantage of the Microsoft Teams platform to give you the best possible experience authoring, voting, and analyzing your polls and surveys. We will be iterating and improving the product daily, so if you have any feedback, please reach out to us!
Polly not responding?
A small number of teams are seeing Polly not responding when trying to author a poll. For most of you, the likely case has been that:
- Polly is not being tagged correctly. In Microsoft Teams, you need to hit tab after typing @polly in order for us to recognize the mention. Details here.
- Bots have been disabled by your Office 365 Admin. Here’s how to verify and resolve this issue.
Starting a Poll
There are a number of ways to start a poll. Type one of the folloing into a channel:
- @polly What should we order for lunch? pizza,sushi . In this example, the question needs to have a question mark, and the options should be comma separated
- @polly What should we order for lunch? / pizza / sushi . In this example, the question and each poll option need to be separated by a forward slash
- @polly “What should we order for lunch?” “pizza” “sushi” . In this example, the question and each option needs to be enclosed in double quotes
You’ll need to specify at least 2 options, and at most 5 options.
To view results you can do one of the following:
- For all poll results in a given channel, navigate to your channel’s Polly tab. Don’t have a tab pinned to your channel? Go add one!
- Hit the
Post latest resultsbutton to have Polly post the current tally of votes
- Reply to an existing Poll’s thread with
@polly resultsto have Polly post the current tally of votes
Navigate to your 1:1 chat with Polly, and click on the help tab. You could also try
@polly help at any time as well. If all else fails, reach out to us!